In a scheme launched by Axalta Powder Coatings in 2018, GT Coatings are delighted to become one of only seven Industrial Approved Applicators in the UK.
ICAN (Industrial Coatings Applicator Network), endorsed by leading Global powder coatings supplier Axalta, is a network of powder coaters who meet stringent standards through rigorous testing against quality standards.
GT Coatings were tested in accordance with ISO 9227 on the following substrates and pre-treatment:
• Mild Steel, Bonderite multi-metal, Axalta polyester topcoat
• Aluminium, Bonderite multi-metal, Axalta polyester topcoat
• Mild Steel, Bonderite multi-metal, Axalta primer, Axalta polyester topcoat
• Aluminium, Bonderite multi-metal, Axalta primer, Axalta polyester topcoat
• Blasted Steel, Axalta Primer, and Axalta polyester topcoat.
The test panels were also subject to Salt and Scratch tests, and Datapaq profiles were completed on the curing ovens – all tests passed with flying colours!
As a result of being in the ICAN network, our customers know they can have confidence in our technical knowledge and expertise and can be sure they will receive the highest quality of finish on their parts.
Chris Anderson, General Manager of GT Coatings stated “This is a fantastic opportunity for GT Coatings, with so many smaller coating companies popping up in the market without the correct equipment and expertise, this helps us show our customers that we are a professional outfit and their powder coating requirements are safe in our hands!”